Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 4 Catch up

The month of July was filled with a work in progress type of quilt!  It is a large hand appliqué quilt that I am doing in three steps (quilting, marking, quilting).  All of the appliqué outline quilting in 4 thread colors has been completed and now the fun begins!  I am going to be doing a grid background behind all of the appliqué which means A TON of marking!  The quilt is off the frame and I have done the initial grid work and now just have to mark the design with the base grid.  I will post pictures as this progresses!


This is the general grid plan for the center but there will be tweaking as I go!!


After removing the above from the frame, I needed to kick it in gear and finish some other jobs that have been patiently waiting!!!  Between Aug 5 & 12, I managed to knock out 5 quilt jobs!  Fortunately they were all over designs and small to throw sizes!  And, when you can load and quilt 2 at a time it's a win win!!!  These first four are by the same customer who always does a good job piecing!!!!


I've always wanted to try doing this and I was lucky to have the perfect two to do it with!  I used different but similar patterns for each one, both had same thread (top & bottom) and once I figured out how to side tension the "inner" sides of each, things moved along at steady pace!!!  

This design has loops connecting the daisies

This one has leaves with swirls connecting the daisies
Quilting Design - Damask by Urban Elements

Tumbler quilt

Quilting Design - Chantay by Anne Bright

The last one for today is a cheerful throw quilt using a very versatile design called Pearls Desire by Anne Bright.






Until next time!
Leah








No comments:

Post a Comment