Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 3 catch up - time frame is late May to June....

This is a large quilt for my Sister-In-Law Debbie's, Sister-In-Law Nancy 😊 who lives in Maine.  It is a batik top with an all over design called Blooming Things by Anne Bright.  I really love this versatile quilting design!

Love these colors!



Next was a top utilizing a panel with added elements.  I used the motifs of the fabric as the focus for the design.  I was pleased with how it turned out!



This next job was fun but a challenge!  It is for a customer's husband, but she doesn't care for dense quilting or "pointy" design elements.  She designed this quilt herself and did a fantastic job with all of the appliqué and piecing!  The first step was outlining all of the appliqué with the necessary thread color changes.  I used Glide thread for the first time on this project and I am a fan!!!  (That's another story!).  Keeping in mind the name for the Wichita State's athletic team - "Shockers", I incorporated a wheat motif in various blocks and the border while keeping the rest as simple as possible.  We both were pleased with the outcome and her husband loved it!!  



"WuShock" or affectionately known as "Wu"




Thanks for taking this catch up journey with me!

Until tomorrow!!!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment