Monday, March 16, 2020

Afternoon!  I can hardly believe I haven't posted since the end of December!!  Where does the time go???

I'll start off with a quilt I made for a close friend of David and mine!  There are times in life when the "unknowns" leave a person (and their family) topsy turvy as in this case, so I decided to make him a Comfort Quilt to wrap up in!  I named it "Inner Strength", represented by the Celtic Symbol for Inner Strength.  

I just happened to have on hand a set of Moda Cake Mix Recipe sheets!  I can highly recommend having some of these handy when you want to knock out a quilt in a hurry (or faster than normal)!  I decided that I wanted each block to be a different fabric so off I went!  I didn't realize until I started cutting things apart that each sheet made 2 blocks with the same fabric so I have enough to make another quilt (which my Mother has called dibs on!)!  

David & I wanted this to be a warmer than usual quilt so I used Hobbs cotton/wool blend batting and a flannel backing!  

One of the many joys of quilt making for me is gifting a quilt to friends and family and when I have the opportunity to give it in person, it is icing on the cake.   I know this quilt expresses the love and support we have for our friend and his family and will give many hours of comfort.  






 Until next time,
Happy quilting!
Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment