Monday, November 4, 2019

Good morning friends!

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything new but as of this morning, I am starting a new chapter in life!

I have chosen to "self-retire" after 40+ years of getting up and going to work everyday!  November 1 (Friday) was my last day of work and I can honestly say, it was VERY strange not getting up at 0245 this morning to get ready for work!  It will be an exciting (and admittedly scary) adventure, but one I am looking forward to beginning, starting today!  I will be able to devote more time to my family, friends and quilting/sewing and all other things important to me, and am truly looking forward to it!

I will endeavor to be a better "blogger" and share more pictures and news!!

My first news release--I purchased a new long-arm in April at the Paducah quilt show!  I am now the proud owner of an APQS Millennium or "Millie" for short!  I am very happy with my new machine and am enjoying "getting to know her"!

My studio (aka the master bedroom or quilting room) definitely has a new look!


I hope you will join me in my new adventure and as always,
Happy quilting!!

Leah

6 comments:

  1. That's fantastic, Leah! Can't wait to see some of your quilts and updates.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! You will wonder when you had time to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy 'retirement'! My husband keeps asking me when I am going to retire, with all the projects and volunteer working I do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you be taking in quilting for $$$?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I have been quilting for the public for several years - will just have more time now!!!!

      Delete
  5. Yay!! Congratulations on your retirement!! You will LOVE being able to do the things you enjoy most, especially family time!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete